Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tent on 13th Street

Well, I did it. After months of seeing signs in front of a big tent on 13th and 16th (across from where Guthrie's used to be, in front of where Mochanow used to be, next to Citgo) telling me they sell hot dogs and hamburgers 24 hours a day, I called the phone number found on the car reading "Delton's Auto Detailing" that is frequently parked outside the tent. The man on the phone told me that they were a (and this is a direct quote) "food and auto detailing establishment" and that they serve breakfast and lunch 24 hours a day, telling me that "there is no cutoff." I didn't have the cojones to ask WHY they were in a tent or why an auto detailing service would be open 24 hours or why an auto detailing service would serve food, but I'll leave that to someone else.

No comments: